Recurring Appointments 🔁
The Recurring Appointments feature allows your customers to book an appointment that repeats multiple times, by choosing the date and the time for the first appointment and then selecting the type of the recurrence and how many times it will repeat in one booking process.
Please note : once you activate Recurring Appointement feature the Date and Time step will be second to last, in order to select all of the needed parameters for the appointments, before choosing the date and time for the recurring appointment
When you activate this custom feature, an additional option will be shown on your Edit Service page, for every service, " Enable recurring appointments". When you enable it, you will see additional options to set up for your recurring bookings:
- Recurrence frequency - here you can choose if you want your appointments to repeat Daily, Weekly, or Monthly. You can choose multiple options for this frequency, so your customers will be able to choose exactly which recurrence suits them the best.
- Limit number of recurring appointments - here you can set the minimum number of appointments that are required to be booked during a recurring booking or the maximum limit of how many appointments can be booked.
- Recurring appointments payment - this gives you the possibility to choose how you want your customers to pay for their recurring appointments. If you chose the "First appointment only" option, your customers will only have to pay the price for the first appointments, whereas if you chose the "All appointments" option they will be able to pay the full amount for all of the appointments immediately.
- Handle unavailable recurring dates/time slots - if the date and time are unavailable for one of the recurring appointments, by setting up this option you can choose if you want it to be moved to the closest time slot before, after, or the closest time slot in general.
On your booking website, your customers will have the option to book a recurring appointment for the services that you enabled the recurring appointments for. If they are booking a Daily recurrence, under the date and time step, they will see the following options:
- Repeat this appointment every X day(s) - here they configure in how many days the appointment will repeat. For example, if they enter 3 under this option, their appointments will repeat every three days
- End after X Occurrences - this option allows your customers to choose the number of recurrences for the appointments, how many recurring appointments they are booking. This number needs to be within the limits which you have configured on the Edit Services page.
If your customers are booking Weekly recurrences, they will have to choose between the following options under the Date and Time step:
- Repeat this appointment every X week(s) - similar to the daily recurrences, this option determines in how many weeks the appointment will repeat. For example, if 1 is entered under this option, then the recurring appointments will repeat every week.
- The next option allows your customers to choose on which days of the week the appointment will repeat
- End after X Occurences - similar to the Daily recurrence, here your customers can choose how many recurring appointments they are booking. This will be within the limits you have set up on the Edit Service page, for the service they are booking.
Lastly, if your customers are booking Monthly recurrences, they will have to choose between the following options under the Date and Time step:
- Similar to the previous recurrence options the "Repeat this appointment every X month(s)" determines in how many months the appointment will repeat. For example, if they choose 1, then the recurring appointments will repeat every month. The "End after X Occurences" option will determine how many times the recurring appointments will repeat, and this number will be within the limits you set up for this service.
- Your customers can also choose whether they want to repeat the appointment on the same date of every month, by choosing the "Repeat on 21st each month" or if they want to repeat it on the same day of each month if they choose the "Repeat on every third Thursday". The date or the day is determined by what they chose in the Date and Time step.
In case you set your minimum limit to be zero on the Edit Service page, then a fourth option will also be visible on your booking form " No recurrence", which allows your customers to book this service for their appointment, without having it be a recurring appointment.
Once your customers chose how they want to book the recurring appointments, they will see a list of all the appointments and the dates and times they are booking, as well as if a certain time has been changed due to the unavailability of a time slot. On this option, they can edit each of the appointments in order to change the time of the appointment or even delete it.
Once a Recurring Appointment is scheduled on the booking website by your customer, you will be able to see all of the on your Appointments page, with the repeating symbol next to the name of the service.