Set up SMTP for Sending Email from Your email Address
By default, all email notifications are sent from Trafft email, but to match your brand you can add desired email address and sender that you want your customer to see when receiving an email from Trafft.
SMTP Email for Trafft is a custom feature and it counts to the number of your Custom Features & Integrations.
How to enable SMTP Email Feature
As for all custom features, you would need to open General Settings under Features & Integrations navigate to the Features tab. You will see the SMTP Email feature that you need to Activate in order to use it.
1. Click on the ' Activate' Button next to SMTP Feature.
2. After activating, the ' Configure' Button will become enabled, click on it.
3. The new page will open. You will see the fields you need to fill in with your SMTP server details in order to set this feature up.
- Sender Name: Here you can write your name or your business name, this will be shown as from name when someone receives an email.
- Sender Email: Here you should put the email you want to use for sending emails.
- Host: If you are subscribed to a hosted email relay service you can get the SMTP server hostname from the support page of your email service. (For Gmail it is smtp.gmail.com)
- Username: Your full email address
- Password: Password for your email account.
- Port: If you are subscribed to a hosted email relay service you can get the SMTP server port number from the support page of your email service. (Typically for Gmail is 465 or 587)
- Save and Test Email: Here you can click to send a test email to be sure everything works smoothly.
Please note: If you are using a Gmail for your SMTP Configuration that the password you need to use is the App Password NOT your Gmail account password. You can go to this page to allow access, and then create the App Password according to their instructions or by following the steps below, after which you can enable https://myaccount.google.com/lesssecureapps . If the option to set this is disabled for your Gmail account, and you have the message that this setting is managed by your domain administrator, you should contact the administrator for your Gmail account. Similarly if you are using Gmail, the replies from your customers will be sent to the mail you put under username.
From 30 May 2022, Google will no longer support the use of third-party apps or devices which ask you to sign in to your Google Account using only your username and password, so “Allow less secure apps” will be removed.
In order to continue using SMTP with Gmail, you will need to set up an App Password for Trafft. App Passwords can only be used with accounts that have 2-Step Verification turned on. Instructions about this can be found on Google’s Documentation, here
If you’re having issues using SMTP with your Microsoft account, please make sure to set up an App Password for Trafft. App Passwords can only be used with accounts that have 2-Step Verification turned on in the Security Basics section of your Microsoft account. Instructions about this can be found on Microsoft’s Documentation, here.