Extras are here to give you the option to create additional services or products that will go with your service so your customers can choose whether they want to add something extra to the appointment.
How to create Extras
Extras are created for each service separately so you will find the options on the Services page. Open the Services page, then click to add service or edit the existing one and you will see the Extras tab inside of it.
Open the tab and click on the "+ Add Extra" button and a popup will appear with the following options:
- Name - here you need to give your extra name. This field is mandatory and without it, extra will not be created.
- Image - upload an image for your extra, so it will show on the booking form, and your customers can get more sense of what the extra is and what you are offering
- Duration - here you can set the duration for the extra if it is an extra service that will exceed the time required for the service. Offered time slots will depend on the Default Time Slot Step chosen in the General Settings so if you don't see the time frame that you need, go back to the General Settings and change Default Time Slot Step.
- Price - here you can define a price for that extra service or product. By default, it is set to 0 and you can leave it like that if you don't want to charge your customers for that extra. The currency position and number of decimals and separators are shown like it is defined in the Payment Settings, so if you want to change them, open Settings > Payment Settings and make changes, then come back here and the price will be shown in the format that you've set.
- Tax- here you can select one of the taxes, that you have created to apply to the price of the Extra.
- Maximum Quantity - in this option you can define the maximum quantity of extra that can be booked by one customer during the booking. By default, it is set to 1 but you can increase it if you want.
- Description - add and format an additional description your Extras, which will also be shown on the booking form, so your customers can get more insight into what you are offering
- Hide this Extra on the Booking Website - enabling this option will hide the extra from the booking website, so your customers won't be able to book it there, but you will be able to add it from your admin dashboard
- Multiply Extra price with the number of people-if you check this option the price of the extra will be multiplied by the number of people in the appointment if it is a group appointment and that will be added to the service price. If this option is unchecked, the Extra price will be the same no matter the number of people that are attending the appointment.
Once you've done entering all extras details click "Save" and extra will be shown on the page.
On the Services page, you will be able to see on each service on the list whether you have added extras or not. From the customers' side, they will be able to see Extras on the Service Details page and they will also see extras on the booking form during the booking process when they choose a service that has extras created.