Your Customers 🚶♀️
We know how important your customer is to you. Each time a new customer (with a new email) makes a booking on your website or you add a new customer via the booking from the admin dashboard, the new customer's profile is created and saved on this page.
Creating your customers
To create your first customer click on the "+ Add Customer" button and a page with customer details that needs to be added will open:
- First name, Last name, are mandatory fields that need to be entered so you can create your customer.
- Email -the email of the existing customer cannot be used more than once. If you enter the existing email you will be notified to change it. This email will later be used for sending notifications and all data that you add to the customer profile will be used to replace email placeholders later in emails.
- Phone number - this is an optional field, the default phone country code set in General Settings is displayed. However, you can easily change it by clicking on the country flag and also your customers will have this option during their booking.
- Gender field - is an optional field as well. Here you can choose customer gender, but you can also leave it blank.
- Date of Birth - This field is optional as the previous ones, but it is used for sending Birthday Greetings so if you have some loyal customers with known birthday dates you can enter it here and set a Birthday Greeting notification to surprise them on their special day.
- Description - like the previous fields this field is an optional one. It comes in handy when you have to add some notes for other employees, managers, or anybody in your company that has access so they can see additional info about customers.
Once you fill in all this information, don't forget to click "Save Customer" so the customer can be saved and shown on the list.
You can also import a preexisting customer list if you have it already by clicking on the " Import customer" option. Here you can upload a CSV file with your customers, just make sure that the file is formatted to the following rules:
- The CSV file should not contain the first row with column titles
- The First Name and Last Name should be two separate columns
- Make sure that your date of birth is formated in the same way that you have set for the date format in your Trafft General Settings
- The phone number should have the prefix "+" and country code
- The Gender column should contain the values "Male" or "Female"
After uploading your file, you will be asked to map out the corresponding columns from your file to the columns in Trafft, by selecting the column type from the dropdown, and you can only import the columns which exist under customer's information in Trafft. If there is a column in your file, that you do not want to import choose the "Don't import" option from the dropdown. Please note that all of the fields should be chosen only once and should match only one column from your file and that you have to map out columns for the mandatory fields in Trafft such as First Name, Last Name, and Email or Phone number, depending what you have set.
If some of the customers' emails from your CSV file match the emails assigned to already existing customers in Trafft, you will be asked whether you want to override the data for those customers with the data from the file or skip import and leave the data for those customers as they already are.
Similar to this, you also have the option to export your customer list from Trafft, by clicking on the "Export Data", and select which fields you want to export and with which sort of separator. Your customer list will be exported in the CSV file.
Working with customers' list
On the customers' list you can see all your customers with full names, emails, a total number of booked appointments, the date when they had their last appointment, see the date when they are first created so you can easily see which customers are the old ones and which have the most appointments made so far and think about some loyalty programs.
Besides these data you have several actions available on the customers' list:
- Bulk Delete - you can use checkboxes for bulk Delete action. Once you select at least one customer the "Delete" option will appear above the list so you can delete it. You can also mark a checkbox above the list and in that way select all customers. Once you click the "Delete" button the message will appear informing you that all related bookings will be deleted as well, so pay attention before you confirm deleting.
- Search - you can search customers by their first name, last name, or email so you can find the one that you are looking for very easily.
- Single actions - next to each customer you will see a 3-dot button with options to Edit or Delete that customer.
- Select customer - once you select a customer the sidebar with additional customer information will be shown. In this sidebar you can see the three most important parts:
- Most appointments with - here you can see three employees that customer mostly chooses and books appointments with and the number of appointments booked until now with each of them.
- Favorite Services - in this part you can see the customer's three favorite services collected from previous bookings. Based on that you can think about some special offers to the customer.
- Payments Total - here you can see the total amount of money that customer paid for his bookings until now. By clicking on the "View All Payments" you will be redirected to the Finance page where only payments from specific customers will be shown, so you can take a look at the details.
- ... option - here you can Edit or Delete the currently selected customer.