How to Create Services in Trafft? 🏪
Services you offer are the core of your business and without them, your customers wouldn't be able to schedule appointments with you or your employees. Here we will explain how you can create and manage them using the Timezy booking system.
How to create categories
If you have created at least one service during the onboarding process, this service will be shown as a part of the Default Category that is automatically made. We wanted to make sure that you don't skip anything so we created this category for you. This category cannot be deleted but you can easily change the name of the Default category by clicking on the ... on the Category bar and choosing the "Edit Category" option.
If on the other hand, you skipped the step of creating services during the onboarding, don't worry! In the following sentences, we will explain in detail how you can do this.
To create your categories click on the "+ Add Category" button on the left side of the page.
You will be asked to enter the category name and once you do that click the "Add Category" button and your category will be added to the list on the left side of the page.
Reorder categories by clicking on the drag and drop button next to each category and drag and drop to set their position (number 1 option on the picture). The category position that you set here will be used later when showing categories on the Booking form to your customers. Next to each category, you will see a button (number 2 option on the picture) with two options: to Edit Category name and to Delete Category (except the Default one that will not have Delete option as we explained above).
Creating your first services
To create your services click the "+ Add Service" button and a page for setting service details will show. You will see three new tabs:
- Service Info - this is the main tab where you configure the most important options. We will explain each in details:
- Service Photo - here you can upload the main service photo that will be shown on the Services page here in the admin dashboard but as well on the Booking form to distinct the services in a better way than just a color. To upload a photo click anywhere in the circle and choose a photo from your files and click upload, or drag and drop a photo. Options for cropping will appear, zoom in/zoom out photo, resize the circle for cropping, and once you finish click the "Crop" option and the picture will be shown.
- Service name - here you need to enter the name of your service. This field is mandatory and without it, the service cannot be saved and created.
- Category - here you need to choose one of the categories in which service will be shown. This field is also mandatory because at the moment there cannot be services without any category.
- Duration - here you need to set the duration for your service. Offered time slots will depend on the Default Time Slot Step chosen in the General Settings so if you don't see the time frame that you need, go back to the General Settings and change Default Time Slot Step.
Please note: If you change the “Default Time Slot Step” after you’ve chosen durations for services, it will not affect existing and saved services but it can cause some issues in the booking process, as your time slot will not match durations.
- Price - here you need to set up a price for your service. The currency position and number of decimals and separators are shown like it is defined in the Payment Settings, so if you want to change them, open Settings > Payment Settings and make changes, then come back here and the price will be shown in the format that you've set. If your service is free don't worry, just leave 0 as a price and payment will be skipped.
- Buffer Time Before and Buffer Time After - you can set time before and/or after the appointment that employees need to prepare and you want to make them unavailable so that another booking for the same employee cannot be made. Customers will not see this time on the booking form, but it will be shown on the admin calendar when the appointment is booked and it will reduce the number of free time slots in a day. "Buffer time Before" you can set when the employee provides some kind of a service where it is needed some additional time to prepare for it, while "Buffer Time After" can be set when there is additional time needed to rest after the appointment (medical operation), clean up (dentist, hairdresser, medical treatments, etc.) or do anything else before being able to accept another appointment. Same as for the "Duration" option, the time slots you see here are based on the default step defined in the Default Time Slot Step option in General Settings.
- Employees - here you need to select employees that will provide this service. This field isn't set as mandatory because maybe you will start creating service before you created any employee but although only Service name, Category, Duration and Price are mandatory fields we also advice selecting employees since without at least one employee assigned, the service will not be shown on the booking form.
- Colour - here you can choose a color in which the service avatar will be shown on the admin service page and on the booking form in case you don't set the service photo. By click on the color, the palette will be shown where you can choose a color for the service or enter the HEX code to show the exact color that you need.
- Min Capacity and Max Capacity - here you set minimum and maximum capacity for the service. By default 1 is set for both options which means that the appointment will be able to book just one person, without an option for multiple customers to book it. This capacity can be set for the whole service and applied for all assigned employees but you can also set different capacities for each employee which is explained on our Employees page.
- Description - here you can add a description for your service. This description will be shown on the booking form informing your customers more about the specific service during their booking.
- Extras - In this step, you can define services extras. Extras can be some additional services that can come with the main one or even some products that can be bought together with a service. This is a great opportunity to sell more, add value improve your service. To create your first extra click on the "+ Add Extra" button and a popup will appear with the following options:
- Extra Photo - here you can upload a photo of your extra. At the moment this photo will be shown only on the extras page inside the service and when booking from the admin panel, but we plan to add it to the customer's booking form in the future as well. It is advisable to upload 400x400px jpg/png files with a size of less than 500kb.
- Extra Name - here you need to give your extra name. This field is mandatory and without it, extra will not be created.
- Extras Duration - here you can set the duration for the extra if it is an extra service that will exceed the time required for the service. Offered time slots will depend on the Default Time Slot Step chosen in the General Settings so if you don't see the time frame that you need, go back to the General Settings and change Default Time Slot Step.
- Extras Price - here you can define a price for that extra service or product. By default, it is set to 0 and you can leave it like that if you don't want to charge your customers for that extra. The currency position and number of decimals and separators are shown like it is defined in the Payment Settings, so if you want to change them, open Settings > Payment Settings and make changes, then come back here and the price will be shown in the format that you've set.
- Maximum Quantity - in this option you can define the maximum quantity of extra that can be booked by one customer during the booking. By default, it is set to 1 but you can increase it if you want.
- Description - here you can define a description for your extra. At the moment description will not be shown during the booking or sent in notifications but we will add this option very soon.
Once you've done with entering all extras details click "Save" and extra will be shown on the page.
- Gallery - here you can define a gallery for your service. This gallery isn't shown during the booking or on the Services page on your Booking website but we plan to add this soon
Once you finish setting up everything click on the "Save Service" option and your service will be shown on the page.
Working with Services List
On the Services page, you can see the most important information about your services like service name, duration, number of extras, and assigned employees. By default, all services from all categories are shown on the list but you can easily filter them by selecting any category on the left side.
By dragging and dropping you can switch positions of your services to set the order in which they will be shown on the booking form (inside the category). If you use drag and drop option you will see that the Sort option in the upper right corner will change to "Custom".
In this "Sort" option you can also choose to sort your services by:
- "Name Ascending",
- "Name Descending",
- "Price Ascending" and
- "Price Descending".
On the 3-dots option, you can Edit or Delete each service.
Please note: If service has appointments in the future you will be notified about this and asked to confirm your action since all connected appointments will be deleted as well.